Skip to main content

SOY: Save Our Youth

Ever heard of an organization called: S.O.Y. Save Our Youth? Well they have just put together a book and it's a collection of poetry that speaks out about child abuse. Written by various poets, the collection was put together to raise child abuse awareness and inform people of the danger that comes with it. All proceeds from this title goes to the Save Our Youth Foundation (SOY).

The spearhead of this project is Author and Poet David Motte better known as Mr. Metaphoria. His mission to help Save Our Youth with one action at a time. In his words:

"SOY is foundation that advocates for abused children as well as fight daily to prevent abuse from happening. Please purchase to help a great cause, to move in the steps of helping in Saving Our Youth and on top of that read some really great poetry."

#FunFact:This book features Author and Poet Until, including many other talented poets. We shared poems for the cause. Will you support? https://www.createspace.com/7362346

#PoetrySavesOurYouth #DavidMotte #AuthorandPoetUntil 
#TogetherAsOneVoiceWeSpeak #IJustWanttoWrite #SOY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just cause you love me and I love you...

"Just cause I love you and you love me; It doesn't mean that we're meant to be" Jazmine Sullivan The above quote is the truest statement I've ever heard spoken in my life. As old as I am and as much wisdom as I've been blessed enough to collect to keep and live by. I don't think that I've ever thought about love in a relationship that way. I don't know about you, but I've been in love with two men at the same time before and it was the most difficult position I've ever been in. Because I always believed that things happen for a reason and so, it must be meant. But that's not always the case. Sometimes things are placed in your path to make you either appreciate what you already have, maybe uplift you to keep you going, or give you a hint of wisdom to do something different. Doesn't always mean that they are meant to stay in your life forever. We've all heard that saying " Some people come into your life for a life tim...

Stressing about what ain't....

Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well. Well, I just want to share a quick thought with you. You know what I love about life sometimes? Is that sometimes someone can bring something to your attention and make you think it's something to worry about--and of course because you're a smart person, you don't just take their word for it you go and check it out for yourself. Only to find that it was nothing to worry about at all. All this time I was "Stressing about what ain't" and I feel so much better. The moral is, make sure you check things out for yourself, no matter how credible you think your source may be; because you  might find that it wasn't everything it was all hyped up to be. Have a great day! Until...

Until's Random Progress Report 2014

Hey everyone! Did you miss me? I missed you too. Well, I just wanted to check in and say hello to you and let you know about the updated status of me. I've been doing well. God has been blessing me back to back and although in the mist of my blessings, I've also been encountering trials, however, I choose to focus on the good. So, what's new? As some of you already know, my book; I Just Want to Write! I'm so excited because it's been doing well. However, I postponed advertising it because I"ve had to really return back my focus on the Children's Zone of the Los Angeles Black Book Expo in which I am the Youth Director for because that has become a stressful situation. We've changed venue's twice, working on getting our third, but due to no fault of our own of course. So, deposits had to be returned, and schedule rearranging became more important because not only has the venues changed a couple of times, so have the dates. Now, I'm glad ...