Skip to main content

Do you believe in love at first sight?



















I have to say for me, I've always believed it, in a fairy tale kind of way. You know, like the way you believe in Santa Claus or the story of Cinderella, etc..., and I have to admit that though I've become older, I gotta' tell you that I, in a small way still believe in those dreamy fairy tales, call me crazy, but I do! I mean even though I learned that my family was the actual (Santa Claus) I still believe, in that story. But with that being said, I always believed that love at first sight indeed happens. I just never believed it could or actually would happen to me, in my life.

I encountered this years ago, it was one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me. I mean, I really felt like I was shot by an arrow of cupid. It happened just as simple as this; he walked in, my head was down, he asked me a question, I looked up to respond and our eyes locked; I can't even begin to describe the feeling that entered inside of my being, my mind, my entire soul... I felt at that moment I had no control over what I was feeling. I then gave him what he asked for, he said thank you, I replied, you're welcome. The feeling was so strong and electric, it was undeniable that he felt it too. I still remember the look on his face, his facial expression manifested the way I was feeling on the inside, like WOO!!!

Which to me translated all wrong because my dress was wrinkled, my hair was a mess, my mind was in a shambles because (behind the scenes of my life) I was handling, juggling, carrying and experiencing so much and it seemed that I was on my way to a break down and it seemed like God knew what to do, because in that moment of meeting that guy and and having that eye locking experience for that second (or however long it was) I was in Euphoria. My eyes followed him to the door and after he was gone, I found I could breathe. I felt like I could do and be anything when he left. So, back to the question, do you believe in love at first sight? As for me, I do: But the question is did he believe in love at first sight too? LOL!!! I guess I'll never know.

Love,
Until ...

Comments

Northbaywriter said…
I absolutely do believe in love at first sight!!! It happened to me and the object of my desire reported picking up on the same 'electricity'. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Just cause you love me and I love you...

"Just cause I love you and you love me; It doesn't mean that we're meant to be" Jazmine Sullivan The above quote is the truest statement I've ever heard spoken in my life. As old as I am and as much wisdom as I've been blessed enough to collect to keep and live by. I don't think that I've ever thought about love in a relationship that way. I don't know about you, but I've been in love with two men at the same time before and it was the most difficult position I've ever been in. Because I always believed that things happen for a reason and so, it must be meant. But that's not always the case. Sometimes things are placed in your path to make you either appreciate what you already have, maybe uplift you to keep you going, or give you a hint of wisdom to do something different. Doesn't always mean that they are meant to stay in your life forever. We've all heard that saying " Some people come into your life for a life tim...

Stressing about what ain't....

Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well. Well, I just want to share a quick thought with you. You know what I love about life sometimes? Is that sometimes someone can bring something to your attention and make you think it's something to worry about--and of course because you're a smart person, you don't just take their word for it you go and check it out for yourself. Only to find that it was nothing to worry about at all. All this time I was "Stressing about what ain't" and I feel so much better. The moral is, make sure you check things out for yourself, no matter how credible you think your source may be; because you  might find that it wasn't everything it was all hyped up to be. Have a great day! Until...

Until's Random Progress Report 2014

Hey everyone! Did you miss me? I missed you too. Well, I just wanted to check in and say hello to you and let you know about the updated status of me. I've been doing well. God has been blessing me back to back and although in the mist of my blessings, I've also been encountering trials, however, I choose to focus on the good. So, what's new? As some of you already know, my book; I Just Want to Write! I'm so excited because it's been doing well. However, I postponed advertising it because I"ve had to really return back my focus on the Children's Zone of the Los Angeles Black Book Expo in which I am the Youth Director for because that has become a stressful situation. We've changed venue's twice, working on getting our third, but due to no fault of our own of course. So, deposits had to be returned, and schedule rearranging became more important because not only has the venues changed a couple of times, so have the dates. Now, I'm glad ...