Skip to main content

The Los Angeles Black Book Expo (LABBX) 2014

Well everyone, it's official. I am no longer the Youth Director for The Los Angeles Black Book Expo. I resigned September 29th 2014. To my understanding there will not be an event this year as well. This is very sad considering this is our 10th year anniversary and it won't have a proper send off, celebration or retirement if this should happen to be that.

There was just too many humps to hurtle, too much happening behind the scenes that was never ever going to be exposed and because of this, others have taken much of the blame. However, I digress.
I've held that position for six years and it was wonderful, I will miss it and many things about it, but I must continue to move forward in pursuing the rest of my dreams. Which I am currently in progress. 

I have contributed much to the LABBX and received more than ever. I'm grateful for and to all who has supported me and the organization and I thank you for being there. May you be around for the next journey (in which you've been so far) and may you enjoy the ride on this one.

Remember to "Keep the Literacy." I know I will, as that is a Cause that is near and dear to my heart that I will support always. May you do the same. 

Fondly,
Until...
Author of I Just Want to Write!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just cause you love me and I love you...

"Just cause I love you and you love me; It doesn't mean that we're meant to be" Jazmine Sullivan The above quote is the truest statement I've ever heard spoken in my life. As old as I am and as much wisdom as I've been blessed enough to collect to keep and live by. I don't think that I've ever thought about love in a relationship that way. I don't know about you, but I've been in love with two men at the same time before and it was the most difficult position I've ever been in. Because I always believed that things happen for a reason and so, it must be meant. But that's not always the case. Sometimes things are placed in your path to make you either appreciate what you already have, maybe uplift you to keep you going, or give you a hint of wisdom to do something different. Doesn't always mean that they are meant to stay in your life forever. We've all heard that saying " Some people come into your life for a life tim...

Stressing about what ain't....

Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well. Well, I just want to share a quick thought with you. You know what I love about life sometimes? Is that sometimes someone can bring something to your attention and make you think it's something to worry about--and of course because you're a smart person, you don't just take their word for it you go and check it out for yourself. Only to find that it was nothing to worry about at all. All this time I was "Stressing about what ain't" and I feel so much better. The moral is, make sure you check things out for yourself, no matter how credible you think your source may be; because you  might find that it wasn't everything it was all hyped up to be. Have a great day! Until...

Until's Random Progress Report 2014

Hey everyone! Did you miss me? I missed you too. Well, I just wanted to check in and say hello to you and let you know about the updated status of me. I've been doing well. God has been blessing me back to back and although in the mist of my blessings, I've also been encountering trials, however, I choose to focus on the good. So, what's new? As some of you already know, my book; I Just Want to Write! I'm so excited because it's been doing well. However, I postponed advertising it because I"ve had to really return back my focus on the Children's Zone of the Los Angeles Black Book Expo in which I am the Youth Director for because that has become a stressful situation. We've changed venue's twice, working on getting our third, but due to no fault of our own of course. So, deposits had to be returned, and schedule rearranging became more important because not only has the venues changed a couple of times, so have the dates. Now, I'm glad ...