Skip to main content

Happy Fathers Day!!!

Well today is Fathers Day; yay!!! I feel it's a day that very clearly needs to be celebrated because in my eyes for awhile this day that's nationally known, wasn't really appreciated because although there are great fathers out there, seems as though the dead beats were getting all of the attention which overshadowed the ones who are or were doing a great job (deceased). But seems as though things are shifting, great fathers are being acknowledged, great fathers are stepping up to demand the attention and taking over their holiday and stamping it as a day that's supposed to be celebrated for men, not a woman. Seems as though that women are becoming just a little happier to, to not be celebrated in a man's place. Seems as though Mother's Day is for mothers and Father's Day is now officially for the fathers; and I want to congratulate all fathers for just being there and for the ones whose been over looked over the years.

Happy Fathers Day!!!

Now, in regard to me I'm celebrating Fathers Day a little differently than everyone else. I'm celebrating my father today, however not for being there, but for not being there, and I know that sounds funny or strange to you so I will explain in a short story. My mom and father dated for a while, had me, and then my mother was moving toward more of a spiritual journey and my dad, to my understanding is not a person who cared for religion; and although my mom and dad are real cool, do to her journey she wanted to go her separate way and my father obliged, that was it.

My mother told me that story, she never spoke ill of him to me or at all. Now, I know some of you are thinking or saying how could you find it in your heart to celebrate him? Well, for years I've seen, heard and know children who were broken up from either not having a relationship with their father or wanting to know about their father because they were feeling some kind of void, and last but not least some had the father that would pop in and pop out every couple of years or so; and when I would see that I would seriously be amazed, sometimes I would feel a since of compassion for them but other times I felt like "Really, get over it", but I realized that we are all different individuals and we are all affected by same situations differently, so I respected that.

However, in regard to my father, those feelings were foreign to me. I've never felt that way. I never had a void. People ask, why not? I think, scratch that, I know it was because I've had so many beautiful people around me that picked up what others called slack, that I never had a desire to want to know my father. Never had any ill feelings, never cared to meet him, never had any questions for him at all. And I know you probably think that's weird, or that I may be suppressing my feelings but truthfully, this for me has never been an issue. So, today I'm celebrating my father for never popping in and out, never played that mental game with me (that I've seen many others endure) and as I got older and saw what other kids have been through and how they were affected, sounds bizarre but, it made me respect my father even more. The fact that he decided not to be a yo yo in my life, not to cause me mental strife and grief, not to create voids, I'm forever grateful.

Even if (without me knowing) he had conflict with himself or was enduring a hurt about wanting to see me; I feel that him staying away was or is out of respect for my mom and me and I can gladly say that I'm happy he chose to do that. So today, I celebrate my father for loving me enough to stay away, playing an integral part of giving me life and trusting my mother greatly to know she would do a wonderful job with me. Please know that I have no hatred or any animosity toward you, never have, never will and I have no reason to.

I love you and I hope and pray all the time that the Lord protects you and blesses your soul, and in closing if you ever want to hang out with me but have some reservations about doing so because we have years between us; no worries, you're very welcome, my heart is always open to you.

Happy Fathers Day!!!!

Love Until...

Comments

Until... said…
雖然我欣賞你的評論,很不幸我必須翻譯你的評論和那是太多工作。這樣,可以你請留下你的英文的評論。謝謝!

Popular posts from this blog

Just cause you love me and I love you...

"Just cause I love you and you love me; It doesn't mean that we're meant to be" Jazmine Sullivan The above quote is the truest statement I've ever heard spoken in my life. As old as I am and as much wisdom as I've been blessed enough to collect to keep and live by. I don't think that I've ever thought about love in a relationship that way. I don't know about you, but I've been in love with two men at the same time before and it was the most difficult position I've ever been in. Because I always believed that things happen for a reason and so, it must be meant. But that's not always the case. Sometimes things are placed in your path to make you either appreciate what you already have, maybe uplift you to keep you going, or give you a hint of wisdom to do something different. Doesn't always mean that they are meant to stay in your life forever. We've all heard that saying " Some people come into your life for a life tim

Morgan Bailey Coffee and Until

Welcome to all of my beautiful readers!!! I know a lot of you love having a cup of Jo as you read material of your interest and so do I. And what I'm most proud of and happy to announce is that I am now one of the representers of a company called Morgan Bailey Coffee & Tea!!! One of Oprah's favorite things by the way! As a poet, writer and literary columnist I'm happy to be associated with a drink that everyone loves!!! Furthermore that has a long standing relationship with readers, writers, and poets that dates back for many years. A press release is coming soon about my position. I am so EXCITED!!! LOL! Meanwhile, I urge you to introduce your taste buds to Morgan Bailey Coffee & Tea at www.morganbaileycoffee.com. Happy Holidays and please enjoy as I and many others do. Fondly Until...

Do you believe in love at first sight?

I have to say for me, I've always believed it, in a fairy tale kind of way. You know, like the way you believe in Santa Claus or the story of Cinderella, etc..., and I have to admit that though I've become older, I gotta' tell you that I, in a small way still believe in those dreamy fairy tales , call me crazy, but I do! I mean even though I learned that my family was the actual (Santa Claus) I still believe, in that story. But with that being said, I always believed that love at first sight indeed happens. I just never believed it could or actually would happen to me, in my life. I encountered this years ago, it was one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me. I mean, I really felt like I was shot by an arrow of cupid. It happened just as simple as this; he walked in, my head was down, he asked me a question, I looked up to respond and our eyes locked ; I can't even begin to describe the feeling that entered inside of my being, my mind, my entire sou